Just finished watching Sony's E3 press conference. So Me and Jovin watched all 3 major conferences. Yesterday was Microsoft and well today Nintendo and Sony.
Microsoft: Started off with Call of Duty: Black Ops demo was pretty good, the game isn't exclusive though so meh. The major exclusives were Halo Reach and Gears of War 3 which followed after. Halo Reach appears to be the best Halo game to date. Honestly Halo is dead to me, since after Halo 2 for the original xbox. I got a 360 and forgot that halo even existed, even though there's halo 3, odst and wars for 360. But Halo Reach looks promising.
And Gear of War 3....silence... that game shall be EPIC! now with 4 player campaign co-op *nods*
Next big thing for microsoft was Kinect [Project Natal]...it responds to voice commands and analyzes the person's skeleton for motion control. All the games I've seen thus for for it are casual gamer games...fun but not hardcore [but i guess that's expected for now, due to the nature of the tech.]
Sony: I just finished watching this and I wanted to sleep. They had a better start than microsoft though as they showed off exclusive games. They started with a 3D version of Kill Zone 3 giving the crowd 3D glasses for the demo and another vid. They kinda went on big about the whole 3D gaming thing cause Sony started manufacturing 3D TVs and such. I didn't care much for their exclusives though [I can't remember what exclusives they had Kill Zone 3, Little BIG Planet 2, oh but Twisted Metal!] Twisted Metal was some nostalgic shit!!, if that's ps3 exclusive and I suspect it is *nods* good stuff!!
Sony's next big thing was Play Station Move.... not impressed! it's basically a precise version of a wii mote. 1 to 1 real time motion with a wii mote :/ the only cool thing was that it's supported in some hard core titles like Kill Zone 3 other than that, pretty unimpressive.
Nintendo: For the first 50 mins I was bored. They started with the new Zelda game where Miyamoto [creator of Mario and Zelda and some other stuffles] demoed it for himself. I thought it was long and drawn out and well the wii exclusives were just sequels or spin offs to older titles, like Mario Sports and such. The new Donkey Kong looked fun though and Kid Icarus. Metroid Other M looks good also, it should be good considering that Team Ninja helped in development. Team Ninja [Tecmo: that was the Dev. Team created by Tomonobu Itagaki to make dead or alive and Ninja Gaiden...but since Itagaki left Tecmo after Ninja Gaiden 2, half the staff left with him so this is kind of a different Team Ninja led by Yosuke Hayashi]
But from the 50min mark to the end Nintendo IMPRESSED!! the wings out of me. The Nintendo 3DS. Gives the viewer a 3D effect without the lame ass glasses. You can even adjust the 3D, it still has a touch screen [it's dual screened], they added an analogue stick, built in continuous wi-fi *nods* I needs to get me one of those for Christmas. Oh it also has a camera on the inside face like a laptop and 2 cameras on the outer face. The outer cameras are placed a distance apart so that the pictures taken will over lap [say 60%] and can be viewed from a 3D perspective.
In addition to that, they amped up the graphics engine and they're allowing third parties like Konami, CAPCOM, EA, THQ, Square Enix etc etc to develop games for it.
^ Nintendo pwned seriously with that ending
I guess the only other conference I'll check is CAPCOM's.
oh vids.
^ considering it's 1 year away from release I like what CAPCOM's doing with that game. They're using the MT Framework engine to generate graphics similar to Tatsunoko vs Capcom. The gameplay seems to be on my level and the cast can only grow. Marvel vs Capcom 2 had 56 characters, hopefully this game equals or surpasses that. As for the background, there's so much shit going on.....LEVEL PROPS to CAPCOM!!
^ Dance Central for Microsoft Kinect.... of most the people I know, me and Jovin would appreciate this game the most and well some of my cousins. Would be MAD FUN!!
No comments:
Post a Comment