Thursday, August 26, 2010

Anime + History

Ah yes I has finally regained an anime watching spirit. It's all thanks to something I actually saw already. Sengoku Basara!!! Based on the Sengoku [warring states] era of Japan...historically inaccurate at that. But if it was according to history, it wouldn't be a good, over the top anime. Thus I got 6 volumes of Cambridge history books each ranging from 600-900 pages. It would be awesome if I could get this book in a book store though, "Warrior Rule In Japan" by Marius Jansen.

I wish I had a ps2 right about now, so I could actually play Sengoku Basara. Back when I had an Xb0x I could only play Samurai Warriors which is also themed around the Sengoku Era [1500s-1600s]. Samurai Warriors is actually cool and developed by Omega Force while Sengoku Basara is developed and produced by CAPCOM. And, well, I like the capcom design of the characters more...it's more over the top e.g.


Date Masamune or as I like to say DokuganRyu... 1st off is a statue of the real general; the 2nd pic is his Samurai Warriors design [Omega Force]; and the last is Sengoku Basara design [Capcom] rocking 6 katanas.

But anyways, I has the will to watch anime again. Right now I'm actually watching Darker than Black and before I watched out Cowboy Bebop. Anslem advises me to watch Fairy Tail next.

I'm on episode 8 of Darker than Black and I'm still at a loss as to what's going on. It's something like Hells Gate; all the stars are fake; there are people called contractors; whenever a contractor dies a fake star falls @_@ @_@ and so it goes.

Contractors are beings that have powers, but they give up their humanity for the power, thus are emotionless etc and it's like a contract...whenever they use their power they need to give something as obeisance.

The obeisance is the cool part; like this dude can create sharp invisible objects but as payment for the use of this power he has to fold all the pages in a novel. Another can freeze things, but he has to smoke in order to do it. Then there was this chick who could create wind vacuums and her obeisance was to kill lickle cute children and drink their blood...and it goes on. Oh another one I remember is a dude had gravity control but he had to break his fingers after use.

Exit with a song... Michael posted a line from it on fb last week and thus I remembered it. Old School Reggae ftw!



Anime + History = Greatness <3
I was gonna post a Sengoku Basara vid just to show how historically accurate [inaccurate] it was with Oda Nobunaga and Toyotomi Hideyoshi LOL. It's funny how they kill Tokugawa Ieyasu prematurely in the anime [the man who unified Japan yo LOL] and let Sanada Yukimaura live *dies*

No comments:

Post a Comment