Tuesday, July 6, 2010

The Price of Freedom is Steep - Zack Fair

Honestly, I'm not free, I'm shackled to rules. Rules that determine my morality and such. I guess I have freedom to break em but I choose not to. Morality, like art, means drawing a line somewhere right?

Someone found a dead, fully developed female fetus, wrapped in white cloth in a Claxton Bay dump. Me guesses mommy or daddy didn't want child so perhaps they have the freedom or right to destroy 'it' right? >.>

Anyways I worked at Claxton Bay last summer. Ministry of Works and Transport: Drainage Division[Central]. Ah yes Mechanics of Fluids is one of my preferred Core Civil courses. I was in the office half of the time and the other half, I was out at project sites.
In Claxton Bay I honestly don't know what was the greater purpose of the project. They had a pump to drain a pond, an excavator grading some land around the pond and well the officer I was out with was sent to survey the area. Besides me and the officer, Indar, [Ha! that dude is too funny] there was;

Rajesh!- mah padna! he graduated from civil when I entered year 1 apparently so I made a friend. He's cool, we got along well and Atri's father is the Pundit at his temple so he knows Atri and all.

Reguel- youth that lives close-ish to where I live. Younger than me though, bout 2 or 3 years. He's a cool kid.

Nikki - she was the newest member of tha squad. She graduated from Geomatics[surveying and their fancy name lol] last year.

Whenever I'm in Chaguanas I pass and check em and the others at the office now and then. The boss took my number when I left, her husband is a Chief Engineer and her son goes Pres. Chag. :/ never knew that, even after seening the kid.

That was my first experience with surveying, ever!, they had a new total station and thing :/ and well basic, actually old school Theodolite. So I actually learned something and well the semester after that I has a surveying course in UWI.

Ahh yes Civil Engineers are versatile, we survey, know a little law and deal with the infrastructure of humanity [and I still don't know why I'm doing engineering... I guess next step after form 6 was University and civil seemed cool... I ah builder! not a half dead office worker lol]. *bleh* I should be lazy and do architecture, they are artists! they imagine shit and put it on paper then the engineer has to figure out how to make some of those seemingly impractical shits those dreamers draw, reality. An engineer can thus take up the role of an architect cause they do teach us how to design and how the typical human psyche works [aesthetic value] but there's no vice versa unless architect dude had bess mechanics background.




My personal view about friends [this kinda stems from Ryu-Ken friendship.... as Ryu asked Ken to kill him if he ever went beserk..Evil Ryu mode XD "Absolute Destruction is the only Perfection possible" - Evil Ryu] :



Depth of friendship does not depend on length of acquaintance. And, a true friend is usually the one you're pissed at; the one who'll punch you in the face and tell you you're effing up your life, as opposed to the nice friend, who's always nice and tells you nothing while they observe you do shit.

No comments:

Post a Comment