Thursday, March 3, 2011

Life and Habbits

So today me and Harry went to class 8 to 9. After we went El Socorro to pick up Adesh and then we headed to town to do stuff. First we went to Toyota to pick up a part for Harry's dad's van and then we went on some streets for Adesh to take data for his final year project. We then went somewhere in Barataria to collect oil and such for diesel engines. We ate at Pollo Tropical and finally headed back to UWI.

So on the way I told Harry that Miki crashed his car and he got a few hits and such [so he would be in PAIN]. So Harry was like he'll stay home today and I was like nah... see he crash car...he depressed...he goin an drink etc!

Came to uwi to find a drunk Miki [oh gosh people are so predictable it's a shame dred.. somebody surprise me and do something different at least once nah] well it's a habbit... people get depressed they drink/ do drugs [like it's going to help...they get temporary happiness] and then after the effects, they return to their same situation. Amrika was on my page here..."yeah yuh drink yuh drunk so what change bout the situation??". But honestly, if I destroyed my new car I'd be depressed to the max eh, so it was understandable. Can't hold anything against him. Alyssa just didn't want him to overdo it and return to his shit.

I was reading bout self pity the other day lol lemme copy and paste:

Anyone who falls into the habit of playing the victim role and feeling sorry for themselves on a regular basis is engaged in a very unhealthy pattern. People who abuse drugs and alcohol will use this unhealthy pattern of self pity in order to perpetuate and justify their addiction. Self pity becomes the fuel for the fire. People who are not drug addicts or alcoholics can still become trapped by this pattern of thinking because it can lead to depression and a general lack of motivation. Self Pity takes away people’s enthusiasm and robs them of potential positive action. Instead of being proactive and making positive changes, the person is content to sit around and feel sorry for themselves. This becomes a huge block to making progress in an attempt to overcome addiction.

BUT I honestly thank Alyssa for actually being there for him...before they were together he was hardmatic with drugs everyone tried to talk to him and nothing. Everyday he used to be with Alan and the usual "highmen" [who honestly waste volume and oxygen around me] but then he and Alyssa got together and she had a significant positive impact. I mean he occasionally does shit still but at least not as much as before and he stays away from those doods now.

She's not always in the "right" end of things and says some shit sometimes but at least she CARES! to try to keep him away from shit. I give her major Kudos.

Fe has adopted a junkie pattern and it's all her new "friends" do...and this one hurts me alot. A bunch of big, old, hardback men and this little skinny girl [I pray that she can get out of it]. Yesterday she limed with Karina [something worthy to smile at XD]. But on other days when she's high and drunk I hurts me just to look at her.

If I was capable of crying for people I'd cry for her ~_~ . And it's not like I like her romantically or anything it's simply genuinely caring for someone you've come to know and wanting be be able to see em turn out to be something good in tha years to come.

But alas I am nobody's parent. I do however treat my little 1 year old cousin as my child. When I finish school and start to work I'll get him and his bro stuff, teach em stuff and teach em how to play fighting games!!! [my personal forcing of something into them FIGHTING GAMES = WIN!] . But no matter how good the parent, the child has their choice of friends and people to follow.

Quote: "You can try and fail 1000 times but you only really FAIL when you give up trying." - me.

2 comments:

  1. The old lady inside me says "Oh ohh" when you allude to being like a father to your cousins. That's kinda sweet :) Oh gosh, I get what you're saying with the, you see them doing shit, and you just ... yeah. :(

    It's rather interesting how the relationship of your friend there really keeps him in check, like I always thought that was some kind of rumour, you know? lols. But that's cool.

    That self pity thing sounds like me, and my blog, so steups -_-

    Once more, I was happy to see you posted :)

    (formerly deadeyes)

    ReplyDelete
  2. self pity = unhealthy!! work on that! lol :D

    ReplyDelete